Any desk-bound fellow or an average business person spends a whopping 40 hours a week on their office chair. Therefore, it is necessary and wise to invest in an office chair that is both supportive and comfortable.
Ergonomic executive office chairs work to increase productivity and maximize the efficiency of the person sitting. Below is a comprehensive article on the same and product reviews of the best chairs available in the market.
Why Do You Need an Ergonomic Executive Office Chair?
Ergonomic executive office chairs have an ergonomic design that improves posture, enhances comfort, and alleviates back pain. They are designed in such a way that the backrest contours the body for optimal lumbar support.
Some have an S-shaped waterfall design for the same purpose as well as reduce leg pain. In the long run, these chairs maximize the efficiency of individuals and increase their productivity.
On the other hand, a bad office chair can result in back strain, leg problems, and carpal tunnel- all of which cause lost time at work and, in turn, send productivity spiraling.
Beautify the office decoration
Ergonomic executive office chairs are an essential part of the office décor. Many of these have a great design, made of attractive materials that create a décor statement in any office. They, therefore, add a luxurious look with a classy design without compromising functionality and performance.
The latest ergonomic office chairs incorporate a tilt function and adjustable heights to suit various user needs. These make them convenient and customizable to one’s preferences.
These chairs are also beneficial as they provide optimal head and neck support with the included headrests, normally padded. They also have padded armrests for resting your arms, and some have footrests.
These chairs are fully equipped to provide supreme comfort, flexibility, and support even when you sit for prolonged hours.
How Much Do Ergonomic Executive Chairs Cost?
The price points of quality ergonomic chairs start at about $200 and run to $2000. You are sure to find a sturdy, well-designed ergonomic chair at a price range of $200-$400, but not below that. Anything below this may not offer the same health-related benefits as the expensive models.
High-end ergonomic chairs fall between $500 and $1200. In some cases, there are ergonomic chairs that cost up to $2000 and even more. These are the typical, high-end executive chairs made of all leather. The leather fabric explains the high price tag. Also, the most popular brands fall in the $1000 to $2000 price point.
How to Pick the Best Ergonomic Executive Office Chairs?
As earlier stated, ergonomic office chairs are a worthy investment for any office. With their many health-related benefits, these chairs are the go-for options for many institutions. However, to get the best ergonomic office chair, there are several factors you need to look for. The ergonomics and design should be your priority.
A good office chair should offer lower back support. The better models feature adjustable lumbar support for a perfect fit. This feature is vital as it prevents back pain that could escalate and become sciatica.
Most of the ergonomic office chairs have arm and height adjustment for more convenience. However, it is noteworthy that the best chairs have at least five adjustments, including lumbar support, tension control, back seat height, width, etc. Some even have up to 14 different adjustments.
The wheelbase is a common feature in most office chairs. Rolling is important as it prevents strains when trying to retrieve reach items. However, if your office is carpeted, you need a chair with wheels designed for a carpeted floor.
A swivel base is handy for full mobility and allows easy access to different parts of your desk. If the office chair lacks a swivel base, it can result in arm fatigue due to continually extending to reach for items.
The fabric used to make these chairs breathable, so the chair remains comfortable considering the prolonged hours spent on office chairs. Moreover, these chairs should have extra cushioning for ultimate support and comfort.
Tilting and reclining backrest
This feature is crucial to release tension in your lower back and get the best napping position, gaming, or taking a break. Office chairs offer various tilting types, such as basic tilting, synchro-tilt mechanism, and multi-function tilt mechanism.
You can, therefore, easily customize your seat to meet your needs and preferences. For the reclining backrest, look for a chair with a locking mechanism for the ultimate flexibility. Tilt tension control is also advisable to adjust the amount of effort taken to tilt the backrest.
Seat depth adjustment
This function is often overlooked, yet very important. It works to ensure the bottom of your thighs are fully rested on the seat regardless of your body size and torso length. An adjustable seat depth allows you to better position your lower back against the backrest, improving your posture.
How to Sit Correctly on Ergonomic Executive Office Chairs?
What is incorrect posture?
Even the best ergonomic chair won’t be of much help if you keep practicing poor sitting habits. These habits include craning your neck forward when working on your computer, sitting cross-legged, or in a slumped position.
Impacts of incorrect posture
These positions restrict healthy blood flow and result in uneven tension building up and, ultimately, neck and back pain- what we are trying to avoid in the first place with ergonomic chairs. Read through to find out what is involved in proper sitting.
How to sit correctly?
Many a time when tired, we tend to lean forward or slouch. This habit leads to misalignment of the shoulders and spine.You need to bend your arms at a 75-90 degrees angle against the armrest.
If the armrests of your chair are too low or high, you need to adjust its height.Both of your feet should be planted firmly on the ground any time you are seated.
For short people, you need chairs with a footrest. Otherwise, avoid sitting cross-legged, which restricts healthy blood flow to the legs.Your knees should always be even with your hips at a 90-degree angle.
The shoulders should be pulled back, so they are straight. Most importantly is, do not stay seated for very long hours- you can alternate between sitting, taking short breaks, and standing. This way, you can stay healthy, with the correct posture, and be highly productive in your work.
Best Ergonomic Executive Office Chair Reviews
#1. Best for Lower Back Pain – STARSPACE High Back Leather Executive Ergonomic Desk Chair
- Sturdy build
- 360-degree swivel
- Extra-soft, double padded seat, and headrest
- Ergonomic S-shaped waterfall design
- Long-lasting nylon base
- Classy design
- STARSPACE executive office chair is made of superior quality materials, bonded leather and high-density foam, to extend its durability.
- It has an ergonomic S-shaped waterfall design to provide optimal lumbar and neck support.
- The materials used are also breathable with thick padding for supreme comfort.
- You need not worry about back pains, muscle stiffness, and discomfort as this chair provides the ultimate support.
- Easy to assemble
- Elegant, comfortable, modern, and stylish
- Adjustable design with flip-up arms
- Enhance your productivity
- Lacks a footrest
#2. Best Reclining Back – Hbada Ergonomic Executive Office Chair with Retractable Footrest
- Linkage recliner
- High-quality materials
- Double layer ergonomic backrest
- Adjustable pneumatic seat height
- Detailed instruction manual
- The double layer ergonomic backrest that consists of a native sponge and soft elastic cotton fits the human spine and therefore provides optimal support to the lumbar.
- The headrest is cushion-filled and thickened with a high-density native sponge that serves to ensure you experience no pain or soreness even when you sit for long hours.
- This executive office chair has a linkage recliner design- when you recline it, the linkage armrest also moves with the backrest to give your arms a soft padded place to rest.
- The retractable footrest can also be pulled out to give you the best position for napping or a break.
- An adjustable pneumatic height design
- A padded linkage armrest adjusts with the back recline angle.
- Easy to assemble with the included tools and manual
- No lumbar support
#3. Best for Home Office – YAMASORO Ergonomic Executive Office Chair with Adjustable Armrests
- Flip-up armrests
- Stainless steel explosion-proof base
- Environmental-friendly and durable PU leather
- The environment-friendly PU leather material boasts water-repellent, fade-resistant, soft, and stain-resistant properties. It is also easy to clean with thick padding for comfort.
- The seat is fitted with high-density foam and spring with high resilience that is durable and non-toxic.
- The folding padded armrests eliminate any arm fatigue and are ideal for gaming, working, or napping.
- The best part is, this comfy chair also has a space-saving design, so it does not take up much floor space.
- It has a durable construction.
- This comfy chair saves space.
- The selected materials improve safety and product lifespan.
- Soft leather and ergonomic design for comfort
- High weight capacity of 300 pounds
- Highly flexible and convenient
- No 360-degree swivel
- Lacks a footrest
#4. Best for Neck Pain – Serta Big and Tall Executive Office Chair for Smooth Rolling
- Pneumatic gas lift
- Contoured lumbar cushion
- Deep, ergo layered body pillows.
- Durable, smooth leather
- Padded sculpted arms
- Heavy-duty casters
- Serta has a sturdy build with a maximum weight capacity of up to 350 pounds with a generous seating area.
- The headrest is elevated to provide adequate neck support, even for taller people.
- This executive office chair is equipped with a dual-wheel designer and multi-surface casters to ensure smooth movement around your office.
- The bonded leather material used is easy to clean, soft, durable, and gives your office a classy look.
- Soft and comfortable yet supportive
- Durable construction
- Heavy-duty casters with scuff-resistant footpads
- Optimal neck and lumbar support
- No footrest and 360-degree swivel
#5. Best Budget – BestOffice Ergonomic Executive Office Chair with Customizable Comfort
- Tilt function
- Adjustable height
- Padded backrest and seat cushion
- 360-degree swivel wheels
- Attractive PU leather
- Sturdy metal frame
- BestOffice ergonomic office chair offers long-lasting comfort as well as alleviate back pain caused by long sitting hours.
- The padded backrest and the seat cushion works to relieve leg pain and back pain while improving your posture.
- It is lined with soft PU leather that is water and oil resistant and durable, and easy to clean.
- This ergonomic office chair offers customizable comfort as you can adjust the height and even tilt it to meet individual needs and preferences.
- Easy to assemble
- Leather is water and oil resistant.
- Offers long-lasting comfort and alleviates back pain
- Has a sleek and modern design
- Lacks a footrest
#6. Best Comfortable – La-Z-Boy Delano Executive Office Chair with Memory-foam Cushioning
- Big and tall design
- Hand-sculpted wood arms
- Soft bonded leather upholstery
- Contoured lumbar panel
- Memory foam cushions
- Easy-to-use levers
- La-Z-Boy Delano office chair conveniently offers customizable comfort thanks to the tilt settings, recline, and fully adjustable height.
- This chair has an ergonomic design featuring a memory foam cushioning that contours your body for ultimate comfort.
- It is lined with a bonded leather for an executive look with rich mahogany stained wood making it a décor statement in your office.
- It has a sturdy build enough to support up to 400 pounds.
- Classic style and modern performance
- Optimized body alignment for all-day comfort
- The layered memory foam cushions
- No footrest
Experience exceptional comfort and support with the ergonomic executive office chairs. They make a perfect addition to any office, home, or study room. These are fully equipped with durable components to outlast the rigors of heavy use. Do not hesitate to get one and experience supreme comfort and support. Good Luck!