Whether you are working from home or commuting to your office, you might start feeling the strain as a result of sitting for an extended period. This often will lead to decreased productivity. As a result, you might want to fix this problem. The best way to solve the strain resulting from prolonged sitting is by investing in a high-back ergonomic office chair.
However, with different designs and models available in today’s market, choosing the best high back ergonomic office chair can be relatively challenging. As a result, we decided to do the heavy lifting for you and come up with some of the best office chairs with an ergonomic design you can find in today’s market.
What Is the Best High Back Ergonomic Office Chair?
Why Do You Need a High-back Ergonomic Office Chair?
Working in an office means that you have to spend most of your time seated. Sitting for an extended period in a chair tends to exert pressure on your back. The position adds significant pressure to your spine structure. As a result, having a chair that will help in protecting your back from these issues is significant.
To avoid compounding or to develop back-related problems, it is highly advisable that you invest in a high-back ergonomic office chair. Usually, these types of office chairs have been designed to offer maximum support to your lower back and help in promoting good posture.
One of the main causes of back pain is improper alignment of your pelvis and hips. With a high-back ergonomic office chair, you will be able to correct your sitting position. This type of office chair has been designed to offer proper alignment of your hip and pelvis, reducing back-pain problems.
The Best High Back Ergonomic Office Chair Reviews
1. Best Mesh Material – NOUHAUS Ergo3D Ergonomic Office Chair with a Comfortable Lumbar System
- Offers maximum comfort.
- Relatively easy to use.
- Designed from soft mesh that enhances breathability.
- The height locking system is relatively less durable.
· Comfortable. The NOUHAUS Ergo3D ergonomic office chair is equipped with a 3D adjustable armrest along with a comfortable lumbar system that helps in boosting comfortability. In addition to that, it is equipped with ElastoMesh, Smooth HydraLift, 135 Degree Back Tilt, and Dual Castros, making it one of the best office chairs available in today’s market.
· Easy to operate. This office chair is equipped with Mesh Headrest that can be adjusted up and down. On the other hand, the 3D Adjustable Arm has been designed to go backward, forward, up, and down. The chair has also been designed to rotate hence enhancing your sitting experience at the office.
· Soft mesh. For enhanced performance, this office chair is designed from a soft HD mesh, which is highly breathable. The mesh offers maximum airflow hence protecting yours from sweat and stick.
· Heavy-duty. Having a highly durable product is vital, and an office chair is no different. The NOUHAUS ergonomic office chair has been designed to be long-lasting. The chair features a 5-point base equipped with dual castors giving you maximum stability along with strength on the 4-point single castor chairs. This chair is highly durable, thanks to the iron base.
2. Best for Home Business – Smugdesk High Back Ergonomic Mesh Desk Office Chair
- Highly durable.
- Relatively easy to assemble and disassemble.
- The backrest tends to tilt a bit after it is locked.
· Easy to set up and uninstall. Installing and uninstalling the Smugdesk office chair is relatively easy. It will only take you 15 minutes while using the illustrated instruction that comes with the chair. In addition to that, disassembling the chair is also easy.
· Comfort. Comfortability is a vital aspect you need to look for when choosing an office chair. This office chair is equipped with a breathable mesh fabric along with memory foam that helps in keeping your body cool and comfortable for an extended period.
· Highly-adjustable. The Smugdesk office chair is equipped with height and headrest that can be adjusted easily. In addition to that, you can adjust the headrest’s angle, allowing you to position your neck to your liking protecting yourself from soreness.
· Support. For sufficient support, this chair is equipped with an ergonomic design. This office chair has been designed to help in rectifying your sitting posture and prevent too much pressure on your body. It is equipped with an added pillow on the back to help in relieving back pain.
3. Best for Back Pain – Ticova Ergonomic High Back Desk Chair with a Lumbar Support
- It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee making it a safe investment.
- Relatively easy to operate.
- Features a durable design.
- Comes with an ergonomic design.
- The lumbar support is relatively stiff.
· Ergonomic design. The Ticova office chair features an ergonomic backrest and armrest. This adjustable chair features an incredible elastic backrest that will perfectly fit your spine hence helps in easing fatigue along with pain significantly.
· Durable. This office chair is equipped with a highly durable metal-core armrest along with bigger, thicker, and incredibly soft concaved PU padding. In addition to durability, this feature helps in boosting comfortability.
· Adjustable. With this ergonomic chair, you can easily adjust the lumbar support, depth, and height with the utmost ease. In addition to that, you can easily tilt the headrest angle to perfectly fit your needs.
· Great quality. If you are looking for an office chair designed from high-quality material, then this Ticova will be best for you. Compared to most of the high-back office chairs available in today’s market, the Ticova ergonomic chair is equipped with a small headrest with a big curve made from comfortable foam, offers maximum comfortability to your neck along with head support. This makes it ideal for use for an extended period.
4. Best with Headrest – Ticova High Back Ergonomic Office Chair with Adjustable Armrest
- High-quality design.
- Offers maximum comfort.
- Comes equipped with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Highly adjustable.
- Relatively challenging to install.
· Comfortable. This Ticova office chair is equipped with 3-inch high-density foam along with W-shape and water-edge design. This design offers a larger support area and helps to disperse pressure on your hip as well as thighs. The concaved carved padding in the armrest, which big, thick, and soft offers maximum comfort while working.
· Adjustable. When it comes to adjustability, this office chair is equipped with an adjustable back and lumbar support height. In addition to that, you can adjust the height of the headrest and armrest. You can as well adjust the angle of your armrest.
· Breathable. For enhanced breathability, this office chair is equipped with a durable mesh. In addition to that, this office chair metal and PA nylon back feature a stronger bearing capacity making it one of the best office chairs out there.
· Ergonomic design. The backrest has been designed to perfectly fit your spine, offering elastic lumbar support that helps in relieving pain and fatigue. The big curved foam headrest offers maximum comfort to both the neck and head.
5. Best for Heavy Person – BERLMAN Ergonomic High Back Office Chair with a Stable Framework
- Heavy duty design.
- High-quality lock system mechanism.
- Offers maximum comfort.
- The wheels tend to jam and lock easily.
· Stable. The BERLMAN ergonomic chair features an integrated framework that is relatively stable and durable. In addition to that, it is equipped with a highly breathable backrest mesh that helps in boosting comfortability while working for an extended period.
· Corrects posture. This office chair is equipped with built-in lumbar support along with a headrest that helps in keeping you in the right sitting position. This helps in protecting your waist and neck from fatigue and ache due to prolonged sitting.
· Lock mechanism. If you are looking for an office chair equipped with a durable locking mechanism, you should consider settling for this BERLMAN office chair.
· Light in weight. In addition to being a heavy-duty chair, this BERLMAN office chair is relatively light in weight. The chair features a heavy-duty base equipped with smooth and a silenced rolling PU Caster that can hold a maximum weight of 250 pounds. Weighing 33.3 pounds carrying this chair around is relatively easy; in addition to that, it is fitted with strong wheels that enhance movements with the utmost ease.
6. Best Comfortable – STARSPACE Bonded Leather Office Chair with a Smooth Swivel
- Relatively easy to control and use.
- Equipped with soft padding that improves comfort.
- The waterfall edge helps improve blood circulation.
- Relatively light in weight.
- The cushion tends to be relatively thin.
· Soft padding. The STARSPACE Bonded leather office chair features soft and high-quality foam padding. In addition to that, it is equipped with an in-built innerspring in the seat; this helps in boosting your comfort while working. The in-built adjustable lumbar is controlled using a lumbar knob. This system allows you to easily increase or decrease the pressure being applied on your back.
· Easy to control. Equipped with a relatively simple pneumatic control, this chair allows you to lower or raise the chair. Moreover, the incredible tilt tension knob beneath the seat helps adjust the flexibility of rocking back the chair.
· Incredible design. This office chair features a waterfall edge, which helps in lowering the pressure exerted on your legs and helps increase blood flow, and reduces fatigue.
· Swivel. If you are looking for a high-quality office chair with a 360 degrees swivel, then the STARSPACE Bonded leather office chair will be best for you. in addition to that, the chair is equipped with a heavy-duty nylon base and smooth nylon casters which helps improve stability along with mobility.
- High quality and relatively affordable.
- Offers maximum comfort.
- Easy to assemble.
- Features a multi-tilting design.
- Does not offer lower back and neck support.
· Easy to assemble. This office chair comes semi-assembled from the industry. This makes it relatively easy to install, taking approximately 1 minute of your time. All that is required of you is to follow the given 1 2 3 steps features in the instructions.
· Comfortable. If you are looking for the ultimate sitting experience, then look no further since the NEO chair has been designed to offer that. This chair allows you to sit in your office for an extended period without suffering back-pains. The chair features high-density foam that enhances your comfort. The foam is durable, and it is resistant to the test of time.
· Multi-tilting design. This office chair is equipped with four tilting positions that help in enhancing your sitting experience. With this office chair, you can lean back at an incredible angle, allowing you to relax or even daydream.
· Breathable backrest. The office chair is equipped with a mesh backrest that helps to enhance breathability significantly.
How to Choose the Best High-back Ergonomic Office Chair?
Choosing the best high-back ergonomic office chair can be challenging; therefore, knowing things you need to look for will help you choose the right office chair. Since there are several designs of office chairs available, there is no specific type that is actually the best; however, there are features worth looking for in an office chair. Some of these features include;
1. Adjustable height.
One of the key features that an ergonomic office chair should have is adjustable height. An office chair with a pneumatic adjustment lever is relatively easy to operate and allows you to choose the height that will best suit you.
2. Width and depth.
This is another vital feature you need to consider when purchasing a high back ergonomic office chair. Ensure that your seat is equipped with enough depth and width that will support any user perfectly. This helps boost comfortability significantly. The depth should be deep enough, allowing you to sit with your back against the backrest of your chair while leaving around 2 to 4 inches between your knee and your chair.
3. Lumbar support.
Having an ergonomic chair that offers lumbar support is critical. The lumbar spine features an inward curve, and when sitting on it for an extended period without support from this curve will lead to slouching and will strain structure in your lower spine. Ergonomic chairs have been equipped with a lumbar adjustment allowing each user to get a proper fit that will perfectly support the inward curve of their lower back.
In addition to lumbar support, an ergonomic chair is designed with a backrest that is often between 12 and 19 inches wide. An ergonomic seat with a separated backrest should feature an adjustable angle and height as well. This will help to support the natural curve of your spine with incredible attention paid to your lumbar.
What is the Difference Between High Back and Low Back Ergonomic Office Chair?
High back ergonomic office chairs are equipped with a backrest that extends to the upper back. Some of them are equipped with a headrest or neck. Such chairs are designed to offer maximum support to the lower and upper back along with the shoulder and neck. Usually, the high back ergonomic chairs are fully adjustable compared to the low back chairs.
When sitting for an extended period, a high back ergonomic office chair is considered the best thanks to its incredible lumbar support. On the other hand, a low back ergonomic office chair features a lower back than high back design. Usually, these types of chairs are economical and particle for individuals who would like to maintain their movement while seated.
Unlike the high back design, the low back design does not offer support to the upper back neck and head. Therefore, they are not ideal for use while sitting for an extended period.
Can High Back Ergonomic Office Chairs Help Relieve Back Pain?
Research conducted by Herman Miller found out that optimal pressure distribution in an office chair at a reclined position needs to be around the lumbar as well as thoracic areas. Given that, an ergonomic office chair will help relieve back pain. This has been made possible thanks to its adjustable lumbar support, which helps in cushioning the lower back.
If you will be sitting for an extended period, a high back ergonomic office chair will be the best for you. This is because it helps in relieving not only pain but also fatigue, giving you long-lasting comfort, particularly in a reclined position.
It is highly recommended that you use a high-back ergonomic office chair due to its adjustable lumbar support that allows you to adjust both its firmness and location depending on your body shape. This is clear evidence that an ergonomic office chair equipped with lumbar support, particularly the adjustable designs, helps increase comfortability and reduces back pain.
How to Sit Comfortably on a High Back Ergonomic Office Chair?
The sitting position has a significant impact on your back. How your seat will either protect or be the cause of your back pain issues. In addition to that, it will have a great impact on your productivity as well.
In order to sit comfortably on a high back ergonomic office chair, you have to ensure that it is equipped with adjustable lumbar support. Have the lumbar support positioned correctly, allowing it to curve with your spine. In addition to that, it has to adjust, allowing you to sit slightly forward and not slouching.
Furthermore, have your arms relaxed and not tense while sitting; this will protect you from having painful wrists. It would be best if you considered adjusting your office seat to best suit your needs; this means that you can adjust the height and tilt, allowing you to choose a position that is comfortable while working.
What Type of High-back Ergonomic Office Chair Should I Choose?
An executive high-back ergonomic office chair is considered the best design. These types of chairs are equipped with incredible headrest allowing you to rest while seated for an extended period. In addition to that, they have been designed to offer maximum support to the lower back, shoulder, and upper back.
With their adjustable design, you can always choose a position that will best suit your needs. As an individual with a back problem, an executive ergonomic office chair equipped with lumbar support will be best for you.
– Home office
As a DIY enthusiast or you prefer working from home, these types of ergonomic office chairs will be best for you. Unlike executive chairs, the ergonomic chair for the home office is not ideal for sitting for an extended period.
– Office room
These types of ergonomic office chairs have been designed for office use. In m0ost cases, they are equipped with a large backrest that extends to the shoulder, offering your incredible support. These designs are ideal when it comes to supporting your back and the lower and mid-back. Furthermore, they offer support to the shoulder blade area.
Choosing the best high back ergonomic chair can be relatively challenging; however, by going through this article, you will find it easy than expected. To choose an ergonomic office chair that will best fit your needs, you need to adhere to the tips discussed in this article. In addition to that, you can always choose from one of the above discussed ergonomic chairs. As we conclude, we hope that you have found this article helpful as you look for a high back ergonomic office chair that will best suit your needs.